2019 BLIND SALE TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW THRU JANUARY 11!
Taco Fest features the greatest offering of San Antonio tacos ever assembled. A feast for the senses, Taco Fest celebrates San Antonio’s unofficial dish, with tacos from over 30 restaurants, taquerias and food trucks. Every vendor will have at least one $2 taco option. Taco vendors will compete in a variety of categories from Breakfast to Puffy to everything in between.
Located in the heart of downtown at La Villita Historic Arts Village, Taco Fest will have three music stages with national, regional and local acts. Fun for the whole family, children under 10 are free.
Congratulations to all the TACO FEST 2018 winners!
Best Specialty Taco (Judge’s Choice)
Tommy's - Barbacoa Taco
Sangria on the Burg - Pork Belly Taco
La Casa de Barbacoa - Spicy Barbacoa
Best Traditional Taco (Judge’s Choice)
Marioli - Cochinita Pibil Taco
Chela's - Chicharron Taco
Pete's Tako House - Carne Guisada Taco
People’s Choice Award
Tomatillo's - Street Taco
Alamo Ice House - Smoked BBQ Chicken
Saint City Tacos - Picadillo Taco
Check out these galleries from the 2018 Taco Music Fest!
Check out 2018's featured taco joints!
Backwoods BBQ and Tacos • Carnitas lonja • Chela's Tacos Mexican Restaurant • Chisme • Davila's BBQ • El Milagrito Cafe • El Puesto Upscale Taqueria • Garibaldi Mexican Restaurant • La Case De Barbacoa • Little Woodrow's • Los Cocos Mexican Restaurant and Fruteria • Marioli • Mi Taquito Arandas Jalisco • Mr. Meximum - It's More Than Just A Taco • Pete's Tako House • Reyna's Taconmadre • Sabinas Coffeehouse • Saint City Tacos • Sanchos Cantina y Cocina • Sangria on the Burg • Saritas mexican restaurant • Soluna • Taco ConFusion • Taco Haven • Tapatio Vegan Tacos • Toastie Buns • Tomatillos • Tommy's • Torchy's Tacos • Viva Villa • Taco Palenque
Want to participate in the 2019 Taco Fest? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the 2018 schedule below.
La Santa Cecilia • Brown Sabbath • Santiago Jimenez, Jr. • Girl in a Coma • Money Chicha • El Conjunto Nueva Ola • Piñata Protest • Femina-X • Bombasta • Eddie & the Valiants • Los #3 Dinners • Grupo Frackaso • More announced soon!
Stay tuned for the 2019 lineup!
Maverick Plaza Stage
12:30 PM Los #3 Dinners
1:30 PM Femina-X
2:35 PM Santiago Jimenez Jr
3:40 PM Piñata Protest
4:45 PM Money Chicha
5:50 PM El Conjunto Nueva Ola
7:10 PM Girl in a Coma
8:20 PM Brown Sabbath
9:45 PM La Santa Cecilia
Sound Cream Airstream DJ Stage
12-3 pm DJ Manny Dojo
3-6 pm DJ Chorizo Funk
6-9 pm DJ Manolo Black
9-11 pm DJ Isaiah from TX
(Free and open to the public)
12PM Pavel Demon and The Revenant
1:05 PM Topo Chica
2:10 PM Volcan
3:15 PM Grupo Frackaso
4:20 PM Eddie & the Valiants
5:30 PM Los de esta Noche
6:50 PM Bombasta
8:00 PM Jesse Borrego y Los Muertos
Mariachi Nuevo Estilo
Los Callejeros de San Anto
Tallercito de Son
VIP tickets include:
Catered food • Dedicated vip cantina with lounge • Elevated view of stage • Dedicated restrooms • 2 drink tickets • Signature Taco Fest fiesta medal
10 and under free
Photos from our 2017 United We Brunch event.
Interested in exposing your brand to 15,000+ guests, and aligning yourself with Taco Fest: Music y Más? Email email@example.com
SATX INNER CITY DEVELOPMENT is a nonprofit, community based organization that responds to emergency, educational, and recreational needs of the neighborhood on the near Westside of San Antonio in the vicinity of the Alazan-Apache Public Housing Project. It has been operating in this area, the economically poorest area of Bexar County, since 1968. The mission of the organization is to lift the dignity of the individual. This is done by providing critical, supportive, basic life services and inspiring persons to participate in the betterment of their neighborhood through volunteerism. With the exception of one part-time administrative assistant, the organization is run by an all-volunteer staff and administration.
La Villita Historic Arts Village
418 Villita St.
San Antonio, TX 78205.
We will have over 30 independent restaurants, taquerias and food trucks at Taco Fest and all vendors are required to offer at least one $2 options for sale while supplies last. The tacos are not free. PLEASE NOTE: Not all taco vendors will serve until 11pm. We encourage everyone to get there early when the taco selection and pricing will be the best!
Festival gates open at noon on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Tickets are available in advance at localculturetickets.com. General admission tickets are $20 in advance and get you access to all the taco vendors, main stage entertainment and Sound Cream Airstream. Children 10 & under are free.
We encourage you to avoid the lines and buy IN ADVANCE at localculturetickets.com or in person at The Current, 915 Dallas St., San Antonio, TX 78215.
An on-site box office will open at 11am on April 14, 2018 at the intersection of Villita St. and Alamo St. (just next to the Guadalajara Grill). Note that day-of ticket prices increase to $25.
- Personal cameras (no professional lenses — please fill out the Media application if you are planning media coverage)
- Sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, earplugs
- Small backpacks or bags
- Valid Driver's License or government issued picture ID if you are planning to purchase alcohol
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal Drugs
- Metal aerosol cans
- Framed or large backpacks
- Glass containers
- Food or beverages (food and beverages will be available for sale)
- Skateboards, scooters, or personal motorized vehicles
- Bicycles inside festival grounds (bike racks will be available outside the gates)
- Large bags
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Large umbrellas
- Audio/video recording equipment
- Metal aerosol cans
- Professional still camera equipment (no tripods, detachable lenses, etc.)
- No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed.
- No unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways, etc.
Dogs will not be allowed in the ticketed area.
Yes! Once you have received your wristband, you will be able to come in and out of the festival grounds.
La Villita is an ADA accessible venue and we will have ADA bathrooms available. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us beforehand at firstname.lastname@example.org or to seek out a festival staff person on site.
There will be no refunds. The festival is a rain or shine event.
We will have SAPD, and EMT staff on site. In case of a emergency, seek out the SAPD, medic, or a festival staff member.
Please observe all traffic officers and No Parking signs. We want to minimize traffic congestion in the area. There are numerous parking lots and garages in the surrounding downtown area. Please consider carpooling, ride-sharing or public transportation if you would like to minimize parking issues.
La Villita Historic Arts Village • 418 Villita St. #9, San Antonio, TX 78205
- NEWS4 San Antonio: Facebook live feed
- KENS5: First ever 'Taco Fest' taking over San Antonio this weekend
- San Antonio Express-News: Tacos and music converged Saturday at La Villita to blow San Antonio's mind
- KENS5: 'Taco Fest,' new festival for taco and music lovers coming this spring
- San Antonio Current: Introducing Taco Fest, the Most Puro San Antonio Music Festival Ever
- Austin Statesman-American: One Texas city is getting a taco fest. But it’s not Austin
- San Antonio Express-News: New downtown festival pairs tacos, live music
- Sobre Sound: A Taco Fest Heading to Downtown SA
- NEWS4 San Antonio: Celebrate San Antonio's unofficial dish with Taco Fest this spring
- Texas Hill Country: Taco Fest: Music y Más is Coming to San Antonio This Spring
- Rivard Report: New ‘Taco Fest’ Takes Over Maverick Festival’s April Spot at La Villita
- CultureMap: Hot new festival brings tacos, music y mas to downtown San Antonio
- FOX29: Taste some delicious tacos!